Cruise company: Asian Oasis
Cruise type: Cheap, Sharing, 8 cabins
Destinations: Thailand - Thailand
Discover the unique scenes of life on the Chao Phraya River from the deck of the Mekhala, a collection of three elegantly restored, beautifully crafted rice barges. Your relaxing overnight journey retraces the paths of former royal processions between the ancient Siamese capital Ayutthaya and Bangkok. Each beautifully crafted Mekhala provides a luxurious setting to experience the tranquility and colors of life on the River of Kings over a 24-hour period.
Mekhala Cruise is a collection of three restored rice barges that provide the setting for daily journeys between Bangkok and Ayuthaya, retracing the paths of former royal processions. Their journey is a fascinating insight into how life on the river has changed over this time.The magic of this voyage is its unhurried pace that captures the subtle colours and moods of life on the river over a 24-hour period. A couple of hours into the journey, the bustle of the city is replaced by the tranquillity of the countryside. Along densely wooded river banks, tin and timber homes nestle in the hyacinth-clogged shallows housing families whose lives are still bound by the ancient Along densely wooded river banks, tin and timber homes nestle in the hyacinth-clogged shallows housing families whose lives are still bound by the ancient waterway.
Stateroom cabin size: 12.0 m2
Bed size: Twin size bed
Six air-conditioned staterooms with en suite bathrooms.
Beautifully furnished with appointments of Teak and rare woods, Thai fabrics, Antiques, Art and Oriental Carpets.
Cabin Amenities (all cabin types)
- Beauty mirror
- Complimentary Drinking Water
- En-suite Bathroom
- Hot water
- In-house Telephone
- Individual controller air-conditioning
- Mini bar
- Safety box
- Safety Equipment and Life Vests
Services & Facilities
- 24-hour Security
- Doctor on call
- Newspapers and magazines
- Safety box at reception
- Theme Cruise
- Baby cot
- Cabin Service (Snack Meals)
- Fresh flower
- Laundry service
Dining Room & Bar
- Full bar available.
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included.
- Cooking classes
- Movie nights
- Wooden games
Cancellation by Customer:
- More than 21 days prior to departure : 10% of total rate
- From 20 to 15 days prior to departure : 50% of the total rate
- From 14 to 7 days prior to departure : 75 % of the total rate
- Less than 7 days & No show : 100% of total rates
Children Price & Extra Bed:
- Child under 4 years old: F.O.C.
- Child 4 - 10 years old: 80% adult price.
- English speaking guide on board
Spacious upper deck with lounge and dining area.
Tours of Mekhala Cruise
Bangkok - Baan Saladang - Bang-Pa-In Summer Palace - Ayutthaya
Ayutthaya - Bang – Pa – In Palace - Baan Saladang - Wat Kai Tia - Pathum Thani - Bangkok
Similar Thailand - Thailand Cruises
From: $493 /pax
From: $734 /pax
From: $2,730 /pax
From: $1,500 /pax
From: $1,000 /pax
- There are 5 people in my group, how will you arrange cabins/hotels for us
- When the low water season in Mekong
- Any cruise crossing border between Laos and Cambodia
- When is the best time to take cruise in Mekong River
- Is it safe to travel on Mekong River?
- It shown up the different cruise to the one I have booked, what'd happened
- Why others on the same cruise paid and get the different services and prices to us